Thursday, October 7, 2010

study breaks

Sometimes it feels like the tests here come too quickly. It's not fun when you go out the night after a huge exam, and the very next day you are already stressed about having to catch up on work!

When tests are every two weeks, it is always the week before a test, the week of a test, or the first week of a new unit. There is always, always something I could be studying at any given moment of the day. The hardest thing I've found about med school so far is knowing when to stop, and what's important enough to be taking breaks for (#1: writing blog posts, duh).

There are a million and one excuses not to get involved or do things here (most of those reasons are some variation of "I have too much to study"). For me, the first activity to get cut when I have too much work to do is going to the gym. Of course, I also happen to hate going to the gym and things like 'my shoe is untied' or 'it's cloudy out' are usually enough for me to decide to skip it on any given day. On the opposite side of the spectrum, no matter how close it is to the test, I always seem to have time to stalk people on facebook; it's funny how that works...

So, recap. The hardest part of med school = finding the balance between studying and facebook. Wait, no, sorry. I mean finding the balance between studying and living. Because as much as I like to think that it will, life isn't going to stop and wait for me to finish school (but that would be nice, wouldn't it?).

No comments:

Post a Comment