Friday, September 24, 2010

An Important Quotation


A quote from the MGM course director during our lecture on glycogen (please read in a British accent for full effect):

"I always think of the liver as a very altruistic organ. A lot of what it does is for the benefit of other tissues. The muscle is much more self centered."



I give you this quote because it has inspired the creation of my new favorite activity: assigning human emotions and motivations to organs and compounds in the body. It may not be productive, but it sure is a lot of fun. Let me give you some examples:

I like to imagine that when the heart beats, it's actually pounding on your rib cage shouting, "Help, let me out, I'm bleeeeeeeding," or when enzymes break down sugars, I imagine them as ChompChomp from Super Mario64 (and Mario Kart, Rainbow Road) happily saying "om nom nom" as they chow down.

Since we have our next test coming up next week, I will be alone in my room studying for the majority of the weekend (wooo, party time!). For those of you who might be worried that I would get bored, now that you know how I spend my alone time, you don't have to be worried anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment