Monday, June 20, 2011

Confidence

Tonight I am teaching my first MCAT class. I'm teaching physics and chemistry, which is absolutely terrifying because those are two topics I haven't looked at since I myself was studying for the MCATs. So I've been spending the day studying thermodynamics, pulleys and levers, radioactive decay - all that fun stuff which is absolutely not necessary at all to succeed in medical school, but is incredibly necessary to know in order to get into medical school.

I got some advice from my friend who has been teaching the biology and organic chemistry side of things and who has been teaching for a few weeks already - just pretend you know what you're talking about, and they'll believe you. Unfortunately, confidence is not all that high on the list of things I'm good at. So on top of practicing all these MCAT questions, I'm also preparing by listening to Julie Andrews on repeat all day. I DO have confidence in sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment