Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pump Up Mix

The test is officially one day away (tomorrow - the test is tomorrow).  As a special treat, I would like to share with you the music I listen to when studying gets me down and I just need something to pump me up.  Most of the songs are old, because it's only fun if you know all the words.  Judge away (and judge you will because my taste in music is so odd), but there's no way you can listen to any of these songs and not belt them out at the top of your lungs.

After listening to any of these songs, I am always re-ready to take on the world.  Although sometimes I get carried away and will listen to an entire Broadway show before I'm truly ready to study again.  And sometimes it makes me sad, because it reminds me that I will probably, PROBABLY, never be a Broadway star, and I think that's a fact that I just need to learn to accept.


And so in no particular order, I present to you my pump-up mix:

Hairspray: Good Morning Baltimore, You Can't Stop the Beat, Without Love
Wicked: The Wizard and I, Defying Gravity
Sean Paul: Fire Burning
Eminem: Lose Yourself
Lady Gaga: The Edge of Glory
Guster: Come Downstairs and Say Hello
LMFAO: Party Rock Anthem
Kid Cudi: Up Up and Away
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
Mamma Mia: SOS, Thank You For the Music, Take a Chance on Me, Honey Honey
Rent: Out Tonight, La Vie Boheme, Take Me or Leave Me, Today 4 U
Billy Joel: I Go To Extremes
Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass
DJ Sammy: Heaven
Elton John: Crocodile Rock
Goo Goo Dolls: January Friend
Green Day: J.A.R.
Led Zeppelin: Misty Mountain Hop, The Ocean
Mariah Carey: Hero
Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody, Don't Stop Me Now
Sum 41: Fat Lip
Bonnie Taylor: Holding Out For a Hero (the Footloose version is also acceptable "yeah!")
Tom Petty: Don't Do Me Like That, Surrender
White Snake: Here Go I Again on my Own
Whitney Houston: Greatest Love of All, It's Not Right But It's Ok

4 comments:

  1. good luck! some of those songs are definitely on my pump up list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I've been pretty burnt out with MCAT studying (it's this Saturday) and just blasted some of my college favorites with beer in hand. Makes a study break so much better.It totally helped get me back in the groove. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pretty much every song on that list (especially the musicals!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the support! think it went ok! good luck on the MCAT!!

    ReplyDelete